University College, London 2004 – 2008
PhD in Mathematics
Imperial College, London 2001 – 2004
BSc in Physics with Theoretical Physics
First class honours
Kitson Consulting Limited January 2009 – Present
Director Bristol, UK
- Founded company with fellow Imperial College graduate.
- Designed company’s internal systems and processes.
- Technical lead for numerous websites, servers and applications.
- Recruited and trained eight employees.
- Responsible for complying with employment legislation, etc.
- Responsible for project bids, client communications and business continuity.
University of Portsmouth February 2012 – August 2014
Senior Research Associate Portsmouth, UK
- EPSRC funded postdoctoral research position in the mathematics department.
- Research focus on chemical reaction network theory.
- Two published papers, four more in preparation.
- Invited visiting researcher at West Virginia University, USA.
- Successful collaborations with researchers in the UK, USA and Romania.
- Assisted in organising successful UoP & LMS funded workshop on chemical reaction network theory.
- Presented research at conferences and seminars in the UK and internationally.
University of Bristol June 2004 – September 2004
Research Assistant Bristol, UK
- Student placement with biology group researching hearing in insects.
- Automated processing of experimental data using C++.
- Automated generation of graphs using Visual Basic.
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory June 2003 – September 2003
Research Assistant Oxfordshire, UK
- Student placement with particle physics group researching dark matter.
- Translated Monte Carlo particle detector simulation software from QuickBasic to C++.
Research InterestsDynamical systems, monotone flows, chemical reaction networks.
Mathematical LanguagesSage, Maxima, Octave, Scilab, Matlab.
System AdministrationLinux, Windows Server, Group Policy, Apache, lighttpd, Postfix, SQL, SSL, SSH, firewalls.
- A computational approach to persistence, permanence, and endotacticity of biochemical reaction systems, Matthew D. Johnston, Casian Pantea and Pete Donnell, Journal of Mathematical Biology (2016), 72, 467–498.
- CoNtRol: an open source framework for the analysis of chemical reaction networks, Pete Donnell, Murad Banaji, Anca Marginean and Casian Pantea, Bioinformatics (2014), 30(11), 1633–1634.
- Local and Global Stability of Equilibria for a Class of Chemical Reaction Networks, Pete Donnell and Murad Banaji, SIAM J. Appl. Dyn. Syst. (2013), 12(2), 899–920.
- Monotone dynamics of two cells dynamically coupled by a voltage-dependent gap junction, Pete Donnell, Stephen Baigent and Murad Banaji, Journal of Theoretical Biology (2009), 261(1), 120–125.
- Stability in generic mitochondrial models, Pete Donnell, Murad Banaji and Stephen Baigent, Journal of Mathematical Chemistry (2009), 46(2), 322–339.
- Matrix Properties, Injectivity, and Stability in Chemical Reaction Systems, Murad Banaji, Pete Donnell and Stephen Baigent, SIAM J. Appl. Math. (2007), 67(6), 15231547.
Available on request.